Wednesday, December 13, 2006


A Marathon at Santa’s Place?!?

As I’ve mentioned before, running a marathon is a goal of mine for this upcoming spring. I’ve been running for a few years now. Running has become one of my passions and I look forward to the running my first marathon in May.

The winter has been a bit difficult. I’m not a fan of the cold weather: I’d rather run in 90 degree weather than in 30 degree weather. I’ve been reading about alternative running (and cross-training) routines, but was shocked when I came across an article in Runner’s World briefly mentioning a North & South Pole Marathon!!

Quite frankly, the North Pole is no place for anybody besides Santa, his elves, and the reindeer. Many people (I used to be one) think running a marathon is crazy…but running a marathon in the North Pole!?! Now that’s crazy!!!

The North Pole Marathon is on April 15th and allows runners to really prove their strength. Running on 6 to 12 inches of snow between you and the frozen Atlantic, runners test their endurance to the extreme weather conditions, their mental stamina, and their physical strength. For the really hard-core marathon runners, this may be something to seriously consider.

As for me, I’ll stick with the (what I thought was) freezing weather here, with the option of running on a treadmill in a normal temperature.

4 comments:

Rach, Mike, Allie and Hadley said...

Mike's Mission President is from Alaska and he and his wife run hours a day up there in the freezing cold! I think it is crazy!!!

Addi said...

HI STEPHANIE! What is this blog for? I want to run a half marathon this next year for breast cancer. The Nike Women's. You get a free Tiffany pendant if you finish! :) So, should I read your blog? I guess I'll see you in a few days. Are you coming to Chris and Ashton's b-day party?

Addi said...

STEPHANIE! Update your blog! I want to know what's happening in Provo!

Heidi said...

hey steph... lets see some more info. i really want to see the ring! brendon said that you liked it! we are so excited for September!